DO NOT REMOVE THIS
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a body contouring surgery that eliminates stubborn fat deposits from the body. Fat cells are surgically removed from target areas to develop a slimmer physique. Liposuction in the Philippines is well acquired to achieve surgical improvements on body areas that does not respond to diet or workout, or resolve physical impairing conditions.
Liposuction Treatment Areas
Liposuction can be done with the following parts of the body:
- Chin and Neck
A consultation from a plastic surgeon would be necessary before undergoing liposuction as every body part requires a specific surgical technique.
Your plastic surgeon will discuss the operation that is most suitable for your condition, the feasible results after the surgery, and the possible financial cost. The candidates need to go through several health tests to know if the patient is fit for the surgery. Pregnant women, and people with health problems are some examples of those who can’t undergo surgery.
In preparation for the surgery, the patient needs to avoid alcoholic beverages, or stop taking aspirins, pills and supplements. Prior to the operation, you will be injected with a sedative for your comfort.
There are several types of liposuction procedures available in the Philippines. Here are some of the most common liposuction procedures:
- Suction-assisted Liposuction - this is a traditional form of liposuction that uses a small cannula attached to a pressurized vacuum, and inserted to the targeted area to suck out excess fats.
- Tumescent Liposuction – this procedure is similar with the traditional liposuction, but it involves a large amount of anesthetic fluid injected into subcutaneous fats. This makes the fats tumescent (swollen and firm) and easy to remove. It also constricts the capillaries which prevents surgical blood loss.
- Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction or Vaser - this procedure uses an ultrasound to liquefy the stubborn fats before it is extracted. This results to less bruising and better skin tightening. This surgery is applied in larger areas of the body.
- Laser-assisted Liposuction or SmartLipo – this type of surgery is performed in smaller areas. It uses laser that seals the blood vessels as it melts the fat cells. This procedure has low risk and has fast recovery time.
- Power-assisted Liposuction – this uses the Tumescent Liposuction method performed through an electric motor. It produces vibrating cannulas that loosen fat cells faster and more accurately.
- Waterjet Liposuction - Water pressure is used to loosen excess fat before it is sucked out. This procedure is expensive, yet an effective surgery technique.
Patients are required to wear a compression garment for a couple of weeks for skin contraction. The patient will experience discomfort; thus, pain medications will be prescribed. Recovery time will vary depending on the area of the operation. Approximately, it will take 4-6 months even up to a year before the final results on the body appear. Some bruising or swelling will be experienced after the procedure, but it will subside roughly after 10 days. You may be given antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection.
Book for an Appointment
Take note that Liposuction is not a weight loss solution or a treatment for obesity. Its main purpose is to reshape the chosen area of your body. The desired outcome is best achieved with exercise and a healthy diet. At Megaesthetics Center, we recommend the liposuction procedure that fits your needs! Call us at 637-9661 to 68 loc 120 to schedule an appointment today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There will be oozing 1-2 days after liposuction from the incision sites. This will look like diluted blood. This is actually a mixture of the anesthetic solution and some blood. The amount of blood is minimal. This will last for 24 hours. If you are planning to go out, you may use sanitary napkins or towels to absorb the flow. Use plastic sheets to protect your furniture, carpets, or beddings from stains caused by post-op oozing